Buy 2 or more Contact Patch kits and get free shipping!! (UK only)
Using the plastic card, protected by the highly visible 'ICE' identification patch, Contact Patch provides vital information to those around you, in the event of accident or injury.
Pre-printed fields with space to write emergency contact, medical and allergy information, and insurance details, Contact Patch enables you to provide the information that matters, when it matters!
Contact Patch was developed by Chris Wood in Plymouth, UK in 2017. Chris identified that the available 'In Case of Emergency' (ICE) solutions on the market at the time had a number of shortcomings that limited usability. Using his knowledge of design and usability, Chris set about designing a product that addressed those shortcomings.
Along came Contact Patch! Read the full story here...
In the development of Contact Patch the Team have been in direct contact with the following professional bodies, all of whom have provided input into the design:
- Mountain Rescue
- Police from Devon and Cornwall, West Midlands and Oxfordshire
- Paramedics from Devon and Cornwall, West Midlands and Australian (Victoria)
Alongside working with the emergency services identified above, Contact Patch has been continuously tested by a helpful team of volunteers to ensure it works, without bias, in a manner which the end user would expect. These hardy volunteers have been testing Contact Patch in activities and environments including:
- Winter mountaineeringHiking / walking
- Ultra running
- Green laning
- Road riding
Attaching Contact Patch
Contact Patches uses three key components:
1. A mounting patch that's glued (using the supplied neoprene-style glue) or sewn to your piece of clothing or equipment
2. A coloured cover patch that act as the identifying mark, protection from the elements and security for your personal information.
3. A 0.3mm PVC card, pre printed with relevant information fields that you then complete using the supplied permanent pen.
Changing your information
To change any of the details on your Contact Patch simply wipe the details off using a rough sponge and some white spirit. Once the PVC card has dried, write your new information on the card, let it dry and place the PVC card back in the mounting spot.
This simple design results in an effective 'ICE' solution, usable in all conditions and across a multitude of sports and environments.
Adding product to your cart
The Contact Patch kit contains the following items:1 x Contact Patch1 x information card1 x permanent pen1 x flexible adhesive
Note: We are continually improving Contact Patch to ensure the best possible product is delivered to you. As a result, permanent markers and glue may differ from those pictured.